Agendas / Notices
Pay Sewer Bill
Get instant Village updates!
In 1807, the community of Shiloh was once known as “Three Springs” because there were three abundant springs at the foot of a hill where church camp meetings were held. This assembly inspired construction of the log Shiloh Meeting House which is where the Shiloh and Shiloh Valley names originated. Shiloh was officially organized into a Village in 1905.
Miners and farmers settled the area. Most were immigrants who valued education. For that reason Shiloh had the first one room schoolhouse and the first library in St. Clair County.
James A. Vernier, II
Mayor, Village of Shiloh
Benefits of Living In Shiloh
- Transportation – Interstate 64 runs along Shiloh’s northern city limits.
- Air – Mid America / Scott Air Force Base Joint Use Airport only a few minutes away Lambert St. Louis International Airport – about 25 minutes away.
- Bus & Rail – Links to the entire St. Louis and Metro East area.
- Shiloh has the closest residential area to Scott AFB with many homes less than 1 mile from the main gate.
- Shiloh is a peaceful community with low crime rates.
- Shiloh has a wide range of residential lifestyles, from affordable homes to country estates.
- Numerous colleges and universities in the area.
- Numerous golf courses within ten miles or less.
- Professional baseball, hockey & football only minutes away.
- Hunting, fishing, camping, boating – no matter what your leisure activities – you can find them near Shiloh.
- Close to St. Louis’s Zoo, Museums, Theaters, the Arch and other attractions.