Latest News & Info
Shiloh - The Place to Be
It is a pleasure to welcome you to Shiloh's Website. I encourage you to become acquainted with all that Shiloh has to offer. Shiloh has excellent churches, youth programs, schools, parks, civic organizations, and businesses. We strive to have an "open" Village government. We welcome your interest, your ideas, and your participation on Village Committees. Information on Village services may be obtained from the staff at the Shiloh Municipal Building located at #1 Park Drive. You can also call (618) 632-1022.
James A. Vernier, II
Mayor, Village of Shiloh
History of Shiloh
In 1807, the community of Shiloh was once known as “Three Springs” because there were three abundant springs at the foot of a hill where church camp meetings were held. This assembly inspired construction of the log Shiloh Meeting House which is where the Shiloh and Shiloh Valley names originated. Shiloh was officially organized into a Village in 1905.
Miners and farmers settled the area. Most were immigrants who valued education. For that reason Shiloh had the first one room schoolhouse and the first library in St. Clair County.
Benefits of Living In Shiloh
- Transportation – Interstate 64 runs along Shiloh’s northern city limits.
- Air – Mid America / Scott Air Force Base Joint Use Airport only a few minutes away.
Lambert St. Louis International Airport is about 25 minutes away.
- Bus & Rail – Links to the entire St. Louis and Metro East area.
- Shiloh has the closest residential area to Scott AFB with many homes
less than 1 mile from the main gate.
- Shiloh is a peaceful community with low crime rates.
- Shiloh has a wide range of residential lifestyles, from affordable homes to country estates.
- Numerous colleges and universities in the area.
- Numerous golf courses within ten miles or less.
- Professional baseball, hockey & football only minutes away.
- Hunting, fishing, camping, boating leisure activities nearby.
- Close to St. Louis attractions such as the Zoo, Museums, Theaters, and the Gateway Arch.