Village Clerk & Administration
- Assists Mayor with Day to Day Operations of the Village.
- Acts as a liaison between local government and its citizens.
- Keeper of community history.
- Is the Local Election Official.
- Validates Official Documents.
- Custodian of the official Village Seal.
- Serves as a Notary Public.
- Administers Oaths of Office to all Board Members, policeman and members of Boards and Commissions.
- Publishes Meeting Notices, Public Hearing Notices and other notices as required by law.
- Prepares agendas and packets for all meetings.
- Attends all Board, Public Hearings & Planning Commission Meetings and is responsible for the Minutes from these Meetings.
- Handles Bid Openings.
- Processes contracts and agreements approved by the Village Board.
- Maintain and update Village Code Book.
- Records Management – Plan & direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Receives, distributes and files correspondence from citizens and other governmental agencies.
- Freedom of Information Act Officer (Research municipal archives upon request of private or commercial citizens.)
- Provide requested information to other Village departments, other municipalities, County, State & Federal offices.
- Responsible for preparation and \ or filing of County, State & Federal Reports.
- Issues business & liquor licenses.
- Issues raffle & solicitors permits.
- Oversees Building Maintenance.
- Risk Management Representative (insurance claim response and handling.)
- Personnel Management (Personnel Policy Maintenance, Personnel Selection, Employee Counseling.)
- Human Resources Coordinator (Employee Insurance, Retirement and other benefits.)
- Represents Village during Union Negotiations.
- Assists with Preparation of Budget.
- Provides Weekly Budget Report.
- Assists with Audits.
- Oversees Payroll \ Accounts Payable & Receivable.
- Coordinates Technology needs of the Village.
- Provides central services such as personnel, purchasing, etc.
- Negotiates Contracts for Equipment & Services.
- Promote Village in Publications such as maps, relocation guides, etc.
- Oversee Shiloh Website and Facebook.
- Co-chair of Shiloh Picnic and all Community Events.
- O’Fallon-Shiloh Chamber of Commerce Liaison.
- Programs & Services for Older Persons Program Liaison.
- Scott Air Force Base Liaison.
- Tourism Bureau Liaison.
Download Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Information.
IMRF Compensation Package
You may contact the Village Clerk, Brenda Kern, at 618-632-1022, ext. 110. We look forward to being of service to you.
Download Brenda Kern's vCard.