Welcome to Shiloh’s Public Document Access.
Please keep checking back because we will continue to add documents as we have time. If there is something you need that you don’t see here please Click Here to Contact Me.
Brenda Kern, MMC
Shiloh Village Clerk
1 Park Drive
Shiloh, IL 62269
Phone: (618) 632-1022 x 110
The Municipal Clerk position, dating back to biblical times, is among the oldest of public servants. I am proud to be a part of a profession that has adapted to change – from the quill pen to computers – in order to continue to serve the public. My quest daily it to provide exemplar customer service. I strive to deliver information in a timely, professional and transparent way. Please contact me if you need information for municipal services.
- Acts as a liaison between local government and its citizens.
- Keeper of community history.
- Is the Local Election Official.
- Voter Registar
- Validates Official Documents & Administers Oath of Office.
- Custodian of the official Village Seal.
- Serves as a Notary Public.
- Publish all notices as required by law.
- Attend all Board, Public Hearings & Planning Commission Meetings (responsible for Agenda preparation & Minutes from these Meetings.)
- Handles Bid Openings.
- Processes contracts and agreements approved by the Village Board.
- Maintain and update Village Municipal Code Book & Personnel Policy.
- Records Management – Plan & direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Receives, distributes and files correspondence from citizens and other governmental agencies.
- Freedom of Information Act Officer (Research municipal archives upon request of private or commercial citizens.)
- Provide requested information to other Village departments, other municipalities, County, State & Federal offices.
- Responsible for preparation and \ or filing of County, State & Federal Reports.
- Issues all licenses (business, liquor, raffle & solicitors.)
- Oversees Office Services (Payroll, Accounts Payable & Receivable, Sewer Billing, Inspections & Building Permit.)
- Coordinates technology needs of the Village.
- Negotiates contracts for equipment & services for office needs.
- Handle Village marketing efforts (maps, relocation guides, etc.)
- Oversees Shiloh Website and Facebook Page.
- Oversees Shiloh Picnic and all Community Events.
- Village liaison for other Organizations (O’Fallon-Shiloh Chamber of Commerce, Tourism Bureau, Programs and Services for Older Persons Program (PSOP), Scott Air Force Base & Memorial Hospital.)