NEWS RELEASE - Aggravated Domestic Battery
SHILOH POLICE DEPARTMENT
Case Number: #22-01179
Contact: Detective Sergeant Kyle Bade
Contact Number: 618-632-9047
On Sunday, October 9, 2022, at approximately 8:23 P.M., the Shiloh Police Department responded to the 3200 block of Hunter’s Way in reference to a male subject described to be acting violently while committing a battery on a female victim outside of a residence. Upon officers’ arrival, contact was made with the victim who was treated for non-life-threatening injuries at the hospital and released. The suspect was taken into custody and treated for non-life-threatening self-inflicted injuries at the scene. The case was forwarded to the St. Clair County State’s Attorney’s Office for review.
On Tuesday, October 11, 2022, St. Clair County Assistant State’s Attorney Mel Kimberlin issued the following warrants:
- Warrant #22CF0156401 for Aggravated Domestic Battery/Strangle, a Class 2 Felony
- Warrant #22CF0156402 for Aggravated Domestic Battery/Great Bodily Harm, a Class 2 Felony
- Warrant#22CF0156403 for Unlawful Restraint, a Class 4 Felony
- Warrant#22CM015604 for Domestic Battery /Bodily Harm, a Class A Misdemeanor
- Warrant#2CM0156405 for Domestic Battery/Physical Contact, a Class A Misdemeanor
Each of these warrants charging Joshua S. Stelling, 23, of the 3200 block of Hunter’s Way in Shiloh with the above crimes.
The warrants were reviewed by St. Clair County Judge Robert Haida who set Stelling’s bond at $50,000.00 with 10% applying. Stelling is currently in custody at the St. Clair County Jail for want of bond.
*All persons are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law.