NEWS RELEASE - Shiloh Police Department enforcement campaign results
SHILOH POLICE DEPARTMENT
Contact: Captain Jesse Phillips
Contact Number: 618-632-9047
Shiloh, Illinois — The Shiloh Police Department partnered with the Illinois Department of Transportation and law enforcement across the state for the holiday “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” drunk-driving enforcement campaign. From Dec. 15 through Jan. 2, the Shiloh Police Department took the following enforcement action:
- 9 citations for no seatbelt
- 2 citations for distracted driving
- 6 citations for suspended registration
- 3 citations for possession of cannabis
- 3 citations for illegal window tint
- 2 citations for no valid driver’s license
- 2 citations for operating uninsured vehicle
- 9 written warnings for additional traffic violations
We need to drive this message home: Impaired driving is seriously risky business. It's illegal, and it endangers the driver, their passengers and everyone else on the road. The ‘Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over’ campaign helps our law enforcement deal with this problem head-on. If you're under the influence, don't get behind the wheel."
The holiday enforcement campaign is administered by IDOT with federal highway safety funds managed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.