NEWS RELEASE - The Shiloh Police Department announces distracted driving enforcement results
SHILOH POLICE DEPARTMENT
Contact: Captain Jesse Phillips
Contact Number: 618-632-9047
Shiloh, Illinois – The Shiloh Police Department announced it issued 42 handsfree law violations and the following additional citations during the April distracted driving enforcement period:
- 3 citations for expired registration
- 2 citations for operating uninsured vehicle
- 2 citations for suspended registration
- 1 citation for suspended driver’s license
- 1 citation for disobeying traffic control device
- 1 citation for improper passing on the shoulder
- 22 written warnings for additional traffic offenses
Distracted Driving Awareness Month allowed the Shiloh Police Department to bring a heightened awareness to stop motorists from engaging in this deadly behavior.
The Shiloh Police Department joined forces with state and local law enforcement and highway safety partners for this enforcement effort.
Using your phone in anything other than handsfree mode in Illinois is not only dangerous, but also illegal. Break the cycle. Drop it and drive.
The Illinois distracted driving campaign is funded with federal traffic safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.