NEWS RELEASE - Shiloh Police Department announces distracted driving enforcement results
SHILOH POLICE DEPARTMENT
Contact: Captain Jesse Phillips
Contact Number: 618-632-9047
Shiloh, Illinois – The Shiloh Police Department announced it issued 38 citations for hands-free law violations during April’s Distracted Driving Awareness Month enforcement campaign. We took the following additional enforcement action:
- 3 arrests for no valid driver’s license
- 3 citations for speeding
- 2 citations for expired registration
- 1 citation for no seatbelt
- 1 citation for improper lane usage
- 1 citation for no insurance
- 1 citation for disobeying a traffic control device
- 31 written warnings for additional traffic offenses
We strongly enforce traffic laws for one reason – to save lives. This increased enforcement was implemented to help motorists avoid the often-deadly consequences of distracted driving with a simple reminder: Drop it and drive.
The Shiloh Police Department joined forces with the Illinois State Police, local law enforcement and highway safety partners for this enforcement effort.
The Illinois distracted driving campaign is funded with federal traffic safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.