NEWS RELEASE - The Shiloh Police Department releases Fourth of July enforcement numbers
SHILOH POLICE DEPARTMENT
Contact: Captain Jesse Phillips
Contact Number: 618-632-9047
Shiloh, IL — The Shiloh Police Department issued 23 seat belt citations and 1 citation for a violation of the child passenger protection act during the recent Fourth of July “Click It or Ticket” campaign.
During the enforcement period, the Shiloh Police Department took the following additional enforcement action:
- 3 arrests for driving while license suspended
- 2 arrests for misdemeanor warrants
- 1 arrest for no valid driver’s license
- 3 citations for operating uninsured vehicle
- 3 citations for distracted driving
- 2 citations for speeding
- 1 citation for equipment violations
- 1 citation for disobeying a traffic control device
- 8 written warnings for additional traffic violations
The Shiloh Police Department joined forces with more than 200 other local law enforcement agencies from June 17 to July 6 to encourage seat belt use. The effort featured high-visibility enforcement combined with a variety of outreach activities, including a media campaign.
The enforcement period was funded by federal traffic safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation as part of the statewide “Click It or Ticket” program.