NEWS RELEASE - Shiloh Police Department releases Labor Day enforcement numbers
SHILOH POLICE DEPARTMENT
Contact: Captain Jesse Phillips
Contact Number: 618-632-9047
Shiloh, Illinois – The Shiloh Police Department issued 20 seat belt citations during its Labor Day traffic safety enforcement effort. In addition, the following other citations were issued and arrests made during the campaign:
- 2 arrests for driving while license suspended
- 4 citations for operating uninsured vehicle
- 3 citations for distracted driving
- 2 citations for speeding
- 1 citation for improper passing an emergency vehicle
- 1 citation for failure to yield
- 19 written warnings for additional traffic violations
The Shiloh Police Department joined forces with more than 200 other local law enforcement agencies from August 20th through September 7th to get drunk and drugged drivers off our roads and encourage seat belt use. The effort featured high-visibility enforcement combined with a variety of outreach activities, including a media campaign.
The Labor Day “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign is funded by federal traffic safety funds from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and administered through the Illinois Department of Transportation.