The Shiloh Police Department is currently accepting lateral entry applications for certified police officers. Those interested must complete the application, release of information form, provide a resume, and proof of Law Enforcement Certification.
Please provide complete and accurate information for all questions in the application. Applicants will be disqualified from further processing if an incomplete application is submitted or if an applicant fails to disclose all information requested.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications at the time of application:
• A completed application must be submitted to the Village of Shiloh Police Commission.
• Applicant must possess a State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than eighty (80) hours of training required by that Board for recertification, if necessary. Certification from any State outside Illinois will also be accepted provided the certification will be accepted and recognized by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than eighty (80) hours of training required by the Board for recertification, if necessary.
• Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
• Applicant must be 21 years old.
• Applicant must have an educational level at a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice (or related field) from an accredited university or have completed 60 hours towards a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited College or University.
• Applicant must have at least two (2) years of experience as a sworn, certified law enforcement officer with a municipal or state police department within the last three (3) years.
• Applicant must have a valid driver’s license.
• Applicant must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examinations and training requirements.
• Applicant must have the ability to furnish upon request a copy of the following: a resume, professional license, training certificates, documents confirming work experience, birth certificate, high school diploma or GED certificate, transcripts of higher education, military service board and discharge papers (DD-214), employee evaluations, and any other employment related materials requested or required.