NEWS RELEASE - Distracted Driving Post Campaign Results
SHILOH POLICE DEPARTMENT
Contact: Captain Jesse Phillips
Contact Number: 618-632-9047
The Shiloh Police Department announces distracted driving results
Shiloh, IL — The Shiloh Police Department announced it issued 51 handsfree law violations during the April distracted driving enforcement period.
Shiloh Police Department also took the following enforcement actions:
- 2 arrests for suspended driver’s license
- 1 arrest for no valid driver’s license
- 3 citations for speeding
- 2 citations for seat belt violations
- 1 citation for child safety seat violations
- 1 citation for a registration violation
- 3 citations for disobeying a traffic control device
- 2 citations for operating uninsured motor vehicle
- 10 written warnings for additional traffic violations
We strongly enforce distracted driving laws for one reason – to save lives. Choose to drive distracted, and you’ll have a phone in one hand and a ticket in the other.
The Shiloh Police Department joined forces with state and local law enforcement and highway safety partners for this enforcement effort. Using your phone in anything other than handsfree mode in Illinois is not only dangerous, it is illegal. Break the cycle. Drop It and Drive.
The Illinois distracted driving campaign is funded with federal traffic safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.